Are Real Estate Litigation Lawyers the Same as Lawyers?
A real estate litigation lawyer is a lawyer who deals with real estate disputes, conflicts, and any litigation or lawsuits they may result in. Real estate transactions are often complicated and may involve multiple parties, including private individuals or businesses as well as government agencies.
Many laws apply to different property types. These laws include insurance, contract agreement, zoning, easement, title claim, right-of-access and contractual agreements. We can handle your whole case and do all the research so you don’t have to.
Real Estate Litigation Areas
An experienced real estate litigation attorney will help you with any property-related dispute or conflict , as well as litigation involving:
- Residential properties
- Industrial land and manufacturing facilities
- Condominiums/apartment complexes
- Hotel, resort and entertainment facilities
- Shopping and retail
- Sport facilities
- Commercial, office, and business buildings
- Healthcare properties
A real-estate litigation attorney can help with issues such as:
- Contract disputes
- Contract errors
- Law misinterpretations
- Restrictions or access rights enforced
- Title, mortgage, and payment fraud
- Claim for title insurance
- Real Estate Litigation Case Examples
- Property disputes are not uncommon, no matter how comprehensive the law.
Take into account the following:
- Sellers fail to disclose any defects or other facts that could affect a buyer’s decision to buy a property or piece real estate at a certain price.
- Buyers and sellers may disagree about the terms of contracts and their obligations and commitments due to mistakes or inaccuracies in forms or contracts.
- Real estate agents may not always act in the best interest of sellers and buyers.
- Deposits are a common part of many real estate agreements and contracts. If an agreement or contract is not signed, disputes can arise about who keeps the deposit.
- A buyer or seller may not be aware of restrictive covenants that could affect a sale. An easement may also be requested. There could also be access or boundary disputes.
Sometimes, more than one person may own a property. This could be the case when multiple tenants live on the property or buyers buy the property through a partnership or LLC. The rights of each party to the property can be disputed.
How a Real Estate Attorney Can Help
Real estate transactions are complicated because of the many laws and rules that apply to them. There may be insurance, access or use-related laws, depending on the property, that govern what you can and cannot do with it.
A real estate litigation attorney is able to help you. An attorney can help determine the laws and limitations that apply to fair usage, ownership, sale, transfer, and transfer of your property. An attorney can help you avoid unfair penalties and taxes as well as resolve any disputes that may arise regarding your property.
A real estate litigation attorney can assist you in resolving complex legal issues, from investigating title claims to helping with property possession.
Tasks We Handle as Your Real Estate Litigation Attorney
We can assist with issues, disputes and conflicts involving real property by:
- Interpreting, enforcing, and modifying documents such as purchase/sale/transfer contracts and association by-laws
- Developers must meet their obligations
- Negotiating contracts and ensuring the parties meet their obligations
- All types of buyer, seller, builder and tenant disputes can be resolved
- We file lawsuits for our clients using the applicable rules and policies.